2011/02/24

[Grad School] Semester 1

First Day in Grad School
Geek Garb + Homework Scroll + Handouts
 
Purple Hair For My Non-Corporate Days
Half-way through training week.

Car sick on the bus
They fed us a lot
The freshman were everywhere
View
 Scrolls for videotaped TA practice
Prep meeting for Lab 1
Last day of first week
Administrative stuff
Yuuum

First week of classes and teaching
First day of TA-ing

Still no lab, so just studying, teaching, and talking to prof’s about their lab.
Catholic school library shhh! sign


With no lab yet, I carry a lot of stuff.
Studying
More Studying
  
Nap in the car I had for the day


Mid-September
Tree where I relax before teaching
Looking up
Teaching
Chat with potential PI
Bus and Picnic
At the bus stop
Always waiting for a bus
Flip cups at the picnic


Look at them go!
I brought streak-plate cookies

I’ve been working in the lab quite a bit.  I finally purchased a car, but it’s giving me trouble and needs to go back to the dealer.  I’m loving my rotation and hate that I have to leave for 10 weeks, but hopefully I’ll be back.  Pretty pictures to come.  For the most part, I’ve been watching the grad students, but I’ve been able to do a little here and there myself.

Actually doing (or watching) science!
I have my own bench and gear!

Though it is actually the micro work area

Very busy, but glad to be!
I really just want to be in the lab, but I have papers to write and grade this week- blech.
View from the back of campus
Transfections after Divali celebration.  Awesome.
Taking a walk
Sitting in Gen Bio...oh the fun.
A full service university.
Waiting for seminar to start
Friday after seminar.  The bio dept provides cookies, sodas and beer!
My desk :) <3
Ugh, the bus again while my car is being fixed
Sunday Night Procrastination Pie (Chocolate Raspberry)
Reading a whoooole lot of papers
3am Procrastination Pie (Apple)

Another day

2 comments: